Ever since the boom of Axie Infinity, anyone with an interest for gaming (or investing) that has learned about the potential of play-to-earn games want in. After all, who doesn’t want to play games while earning a decent amount of money while at it? I know I do!
But the current state of the game doesn’t allow just about anyone to play. To be able to play, one has to setup a digital wallet, purchase 3 Axies from the marketplace, then sync their Axies from their digital wallet into the game. Quite a process just to play a game, no? But that is not even the major roadblock for most players.
See more: Scholarship program axie infinity
The lowest price of a single Axie (as of the time of writing this article) is roughly 0.1 ETH or 288.08 USD. While that price can be off putting for a normal game, Axie Infinity is not a normal game, and players are willing to pay the price of 3 Axies to start playing simply because of the assurance that their investments will be paid back in full within a month and can provide exponential returns over the course of a few months or years. For an overview of how the play-to-earn mechanic works in Axie, read this article.
But what if an interested player could not afford a single Axie yet alone a team of 3?
That’s what scholarships are for. Axie Infinity has put a system in place wherein players are limited to 1 account, and if Axie Infinity catches you using multiple accounts in a device, those accounts will get banned and the Axies unusable. This is to avoid the exploitation of the play-to-earn mechanic of the game. What players who have multiple teams of Axies can do to earn more SLP is to create Scholarships.
What is an Axie Scholarship?
A scholarship is when a manager (a player who has more than enough Axies) gets a scholar (a player who can’t afford their own Axie team) to play the game for them using their Axies. The SLP earned by the scholar will then be split between the manager and the scholar depending on their agreement. It can be 50-50, 60-40, or however their conversation will go. At SereiaScholarship they offer 70 scholar / 30 manager to their scholars.
Maybe you are interested: 1947 ‘alien autopsy’ film frame is up for auction as an NFT | Live Science
Scholars do not have access to the SLP that they earned in-game. It will be the manager that will process the withdrawal of the SLP. The scholar can opt to receive either hard cash of their chosen currency (USD, PHP, etc.) or cryptocurrency (AXS, ETH, etc.). Payment schemes should be discussed beforehand given that withdrawals can only be done once every 2 weeks. Both scholar and manager should also consider the timing of withdrawals because of the fluctuating nature of SLP and crypto in general, what is $100 in SLP today, may be worth $150 tomorrow or less etc.
How do I get an Axie Scholarship?
Getting an Axie Scholarship involves a lot of trust because all of the risks involved (such as getting the account banned) in a Scholarship lies mostly on the manager. It is the manager’s Axies after all. There is almost no risk in being a scholar. There are no laws protecting the manager’s assets, and most scholar-manager relationships are remote. If you are a scholar, please, do take care of your manager’s Axies.
There are several ways to get an Axie Scholarship but the most effective way is still personally knowing an Axie manager and asking to be their scholar. Because of the saturation of players wanting to play without being able to afford their own teams, there is an unlimited supply of potential scholars. Most of which come from 3rd world countries such as the Philippines.
In fact, there is so much demand for an Axie Scholarship that people who want one are writing resumes and are constantly posting in Axie Manager groups with why they should be chosen. If you are looking for an Axie Scholarship, I suggest that you start in the Axie Infinity discord group or just go to twitter and scroll through posts with #AxieInfinity on them.
What to look out for in a scholarship?
Rules vary from scholarship to scholarship. Some of the rules you may need to follow might look like this. Taken from SereiaScholarship
1. Multi-Accounting or Botting is strictly forbidden. As a scholar, you will only play on the account provided to you during your scholarship. Please never share your account password or QR code with anyone. You can NOT play more than ONE account. You cannot share a device with another player in your household to play Axie. 1 account per device!
2. If you are banned for any reason, (botting, multi-account earning, violating Axie Infinity Terms of service, etc) all SLP will be lost
4. Be respectful when you post on the Official Axie Infinity discord server. No wen this, wen that. Fix this, nerf that. Use the Ask-A-Manager channel if you have any questions first.
5. If you would like to search for another scholarship while a scholar here, you must inform a manager first. Do not apply if you already have a scholarship.
Other things you should watch out for are:
- Track record and who is behind the scholarship. Are they well known or anonymous?
- What is the SLP payout – Ie, is it 70 to you and 30 to manager? Make sure you get a good payout!
- What is the SLP minimum – High SLP minimums may be impossible to get to and will be stressful!
- What sort of axies are you getting (floor axies are tough to grind anything on)
- How active are the managers and what is their reputation?
Do you have a scholarship?
Yes, I do! Check out SereiaScholarship for more info. We offer the following:
- 70% (Scholar)/ 30% (Manager) split of SLP/AXS Earnings
- Paid out the 1st of Each Month
- Minimum 2,250 SLP/Month
If you have any questions about Axie Scholarships just contact me! I would be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you might have. You can also follow me on twitter.
Read our intro to Axie Infinity here.
Maybe you are interested: NFTs 101: What the Heck is an NFT Drop?