Monster-battle and non-fungible token (NFT) based game Axie Infinity is rapidly gaining popularity among workers in developing countries as a potential avenue for income.
Here is how the Axie Infinity white paper introduces this game:
See more: Nftgameaxieinfinity
“Axie Infinity is a Pokémon-inspired universe where anyone can earn tokens through skilled gameplay and contributions to the ecosystem. Players can battle, collect, raise, and build a land-based kingdom for their nftgamef.com art assets and Axie genetic data can be easily accessed by 3rd parties, allowing community developers to build their own tools and experiences in the Axie Infinity universe…
Maybe you are interested: What are NFT Games? – Small Business Trends
“The key difference between Axie and a traditional game is that Blockchain economic design is used to reward our players for their contributions to the ecosystem. This new model of gaming has been dubbed ‘play to earn’. Axie has attracted thousands of players from developing countries in the pursuit of a new income stream during the Covid pandemic…
The white paper also mentions that Axie players can earn in the following ways:
- “Competing in PVP battles to win leaderboard prizes.”
- “Breeding Axies and selling them on the marketplace.”
- “Collecting and speculating on rare Axies such as Mystics and Origins.”
- “Farming for the love potions that are needed to breed Axies. These can be sold on exchanges such as Uniswap and Binance.”
- “Starting in 2021 players can earn a governance token, AXS, which represents a real slice of the game universe as it has governance rights and fee sharing built into it. Since players can earn this token by playing, a Ready Player one type quest emerges where players can actually earn part of the universe. However, these quests are not winner takes all and rewards each player based on their effort and skill.”
According to a report by Cointelegraph, Axie Infinity is allowing developing nation workers to make money in the trading of collectible characters.
Maybe you are interested: Derivative NFT Projects: Is There Value? – NFT – Altcoin Buzz
Using data compiled from nftgamef.com, the vast majority of countries using the network outside of the U.S. are developing nations, with an estimated 40% of players alone based out of the Philippines.
User Saharan-sub claimed in a tweet that Axie players in Ghana can make roughly 854 to 2,562 Ghanaian cedis per month ($140 – $420), eclipsing the country’s minimum wage several times over.
The Cointelegraph report says that more than 2 million Axies were bought and sold over the last several months, which means a trading volume of around $639.5 million. A rare Axie was sold last year for 300 ETH.
The views and opinions expressed by the author, or any people mentioned in this article, are for informational purposes only, and they do not constitute financial, investment, or other advice. Investing in or trading cryptoassets comes with a risk of financial loss.
Maybe you are interested: How To Find Rarity Of NFT? Complete Guide! – NFT&39s Street