Axie Infinity is a virtual world called Lunacia in which players battle, raise and trade fantasy creatures called Axies. You need at least 3 Axies which can then be used to do PvE and PvP battles, and bred up to 7 times each, which gives a player new Axie (obviously).
The game can be found at the official nftgamef.com website and it is one of the best known and most popular cryptogames. At their website you can also find the link to their Discord server, which is highly recommended for learning more details about the game.
See more: Axie infinity for dummies
There are two cryptocurrencies associated with Axies:
- Axie Infinity (AXS) which is a main ecosystem currency and which as of yet has no ingame use but at the future will give many (yet unspecified) use cases for the players.
- The other currency is Small Love Potion (SLP) and it is the currency that can be farmed, traded or used for breeding your own Axies. There are some guides on YouTube on how to farm it effectively where you can see how much SLP you can earn daily.
Ways to earn in Axie Infinity world
As of now there are three ways to earn in Axie world.
- Farming SLP by playing the game (doing both PvP and PvE battles, whichever you prefer) and selling the coin on a cryptocurrency market (we recommend Binance).
- SLP can also be used for breeding your Axies and and then selling the offspring on the official Axies Infinity marketplace. This requires knowing a lot about breeding odds and values – you can learn more about that at the Axie Infinity discord server.
- Third way is by flipping “Lands” on the same marketplace. The land use is yet to be introduced in the gameplay (probably Summer 2021), so their value for now is purely speculative. What is known is that the land will generate some kind of passive income for the owner – by other players walking over it or using the content which will be available on the ones land.
So what do I need to start playing Axie Infinity?
Most read: 13 Best NFT Tokens to Buy and Hold in 2022
As stated on the beginning you need 3 Axies to start playing.
Unfortunately because of the high gas fees at the moment it costs more than 500$ to get the 3 of them. Breeding an Axie requires several wallet transaction, each of which charges a high ETH gas fee and pumps the price of newly bred Axies a lot.
These issues will hopefully be solved soon by introducing the “Ronin” wallet in the game. The Ronin wallet is an Etherium based side chain which should eliminate those high fees and bring the price of a single Axie to a reasonable level (around 100$).
Buying a Land in Axies is currently even more expensive, as the cheapest ones are around 1 ETH.
Maybe you are interested: VR tech studio Aexlab launches NFTs as part of push to Blockchain | ZDNet
Another frequently mentioned feature is developers giving everybody 3 soulbound Axies. This will attract more users to the game and make it easier to start playing, but it is still unknown when it will become an option.
So… is there a way now to play the game without spending and money? Luckily, there is.
There’s a number of different scholarship programs in which current owners give you their Axies so you can play the game. You can start playing and farm the precious SLP coins, but you have to split the earnings (around 50-50%) with the real owner.
All about that can be found at the official Axie Infinity Discord server, where the welcoming community will gladly help you out and get you started playing and earning.
Good luck! 🙂