What is Flow?
Flow is a fast, decentralized, and developer-friendly blockchain, designed as the foundation for a new generation of games, apps, and the digital assets that power them. Flow is the only layer-one blockchain originally created by a team that has consistently delivered great consumer blockchain experiences: CryptoKitties, Dapper Wallet, NBA Top Shot.
The FLOW token (“FLOW”) is the native currency for the Flow network and the keystone for a new, inclusive, and borderless digital economy. If Flow is the digital infrastructure, FLOW token is the fuel that powers the network. FLOW is the currency required for the network and all the applications on top of it to function. FLOW is designed as a payment method as well as a long-term reserve asset for the entire Flow economy. The token is used by validators, developers, and users to participate in the FLOW network and earn rewards. It is also used for fees and to participate in future protocol governance.
See more: Coin market flow
The Flow ecosystem
Flow is a blockchain designed from the ground up for mainstream adoption and is the only blockchain that builds usability improvements into the protocol layer. Top developers and some of the world’s largest brands are already building on Flow, enabling completely new experiences with top-tier content.
Flow has a rich ecosystem comprised of top entertainment brands, development studios, and venture-backed startups. Flow ecosystem partners include global IP brands like Warner Music, Ubisoft, NBA and UFC; leading game developers, including Animoca Brands, Sumo Digital and nWay; leaders in crypto, such as Circle and Binance; as well as several noteworthy projects among the next generation of high-growth startups, including Opensea.
What makes Flow unique?
Most read: How To Make Money On Fortnite – CareerGamers
Learning from and improving upon existing solutions, Flow provides:
- Multi-role architecture: Flow’s design is one of a kind, allowing the network to scale to serve billions of users without sharding or reducing decentralization of consensus.
- Resource-oriented programming: smart contracts on Flow are written in Cadence, an easy and safe programming language for crypto assets and apps.
- Developer ergonomics: from upgradeable smart contracts to the Flow Emulator, this network is designed for those who want to build valuable products for the community.
- Consumer onboarding: Flow was designed for mainstream consumers, with payment onramps enabling a safe and low-friction path from fiat currencies to crypto.
Dapper Labs was the original creator behind Flow blockchain as well as Cryptokitties, Dapper, and NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to users around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Maybe you are interested: 10 Best Apps That Pay You To Play Games For Free [2021 Update]
- Flow Primer: Learn more about Flow!
- Token Economics and Token Distribution: Find out more details about FLOW tokenomics!
- Developer Portal: Start building on Flow!
- Technical Papers: Dive into Flow’s unique technology!