Not sure how to uninstall Apollo on your Mac? Or cannot totally remove its files from the computer? Sometimes it is a hassle for the people to erase the program on the macOS, and the following removing instructions will be helpful for those who want to complete remove Apollo on their Macs.
Occasions you would need to uninstall Apollo
- Want to install the newer version of the same application
- Have a problem with running or using Apollo on the Mac
- Apollo is damaged for the virus infection or user’s improper actions
- No need to use it anymore
- The Mac’s hard drive need to free up some space
Have problems to remove it? Don’t worry
Although more and more people in nowadays using the Mackintosh computer, there are still a lot of people are not so clear about the operations and uses of the Mac, including the correct way to uninstall a program. Deleting a program from Mac could be easy, and also difficult, easy because it just needs the user to drag the unwanted application to the Trash; and difficult is because simply trashing the program cannot effectively or completely remove many applications on the computer.
If you have such questions about the way to uninstall Apollo, you will need to read the removing instructions below carefully.
How to delete and uninstall Apollo completely in a right way
Step 1: stop Apollo running on the Mac
Exit the app from the Dock
- Find out Apollo on the Dock, and right-click on it
- Select Quit to stop running it on the computer
Stop its background running process on Activity Monitor
- Click on Go at the top of the Finder window, and select Utilities
- Double-click to open Activity Monitor
- Find out the process belonging to Apollo, and highlight it
- Click on the Quit button to stop it
Step 2: remove the program from Mac
There are generally three ways available for you to uninstall Apollo from Mac, but different removal way would take different time and bring different result after the standard removal, among which the first two ways are the conventional ones that many people often choose to delete the program they want, but there are some problems will be caused by the removal, and people need to perform additional removing job to clean its leftovers files from the hard disk.
Option 1 – Trash Apollo
- Click to open the Finder folder, select Applications on the left pane
- Find and locate Apollo on the window, and drag it to the Trash on the Dock
- Right-click on the Trash, and select Empty Trash
- Reboot the computer
Option 2 – Uninstall Apollo with its uninstall feature
There are some applications contain a specific uninstall feature that allow the user to remove the app itself, so you can go to see if there is such an uninstall process of Apollo, and launch it to perform the program removal with the removing prompts.
Where can we find the uninstall process
- One – installed package
- Two – the app’s package you download online
- Three – download the specific uninstall feature from the company
Option 3 – Take Osx Uninstaller to perform the removal
Taking a professional uninstall tool can perform an automatic removal for the unwanted app, and people can complete the removal in a relatively short time while compare to the traditional removal ways, additionally, they won’t miss any file or data and return you a thorough removal for the unwanted application.
- Launch Osx Uninstaller on the Mac, and highlight Apollo on the interface
- Click on Run Analysis button at the bottom left corner
- And then all the files of Apollo will be detected and displayed on the list, and you should click on Complete Uninstall button, and click Yes to make sure you want to remove it
- All of those associated files will be cleaned out very quickly, after that, you will receive a message which states that Apollo has been successfully removed
Step 3: clean leftovers on the hard drive if taking the traditional removal
Different from the complete removal performed by the advanced Mac uninstall tool, if you choose to uninstall Apollo to the Trash or with its uninstall feature, there are still files you need to removed after conducting the standard removal with the above removing instructions. This is because uninstalling an application completely is more than just taking the above manual removing steps, many files and data will be left on your hard drive and require you to clean up manually. So, after dragging Apollo to the Trash or removing it with its uninstall feature, you should find out its leftovers junk files and delete them thoroughly.
General leftovers after the conventional removal
User’s Library is a common place that store the installed applications’ bundles and files, such as the support files, caches and logs, and they usually stay in these folders inside the Library:
- ~Library > Application Support > Apollo
- ~Library > Caches > com.(Apollo or its publisher)
- ~Library > Preferences > nftgamef.comt
- ~Library > Logs > Apollo
- To open the Library: click on Go > Go to folder… > type ~/Library/
So, do you already know how to uninstall Apollo now? If you would like to try the automatic removal of Osx Uninstaller, and remove the unwanted applications more quickly in the future, you can choose to download and install it via clicking on this download button: