Minecraft 2.22 PS4 update 1.16.220 (Bedrock) is now rolling out for players. According to the official Minecraft 2.22 patch notes, the latest update brings the quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Minecraft version 2.22 also includes stability as well as performance improvements.
Previously, a major Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition update was released with cross-platform play between the Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Gear VR and PlayStation 4.
See more: Minecraft 2.22 ps4
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Minecraft version 2.22 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Minecraft version 2.22 patch notes v1.16.220 (Bedrock)
- Dye can now be used to change the color of sign text
Performance / Stability
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to rename a map on an anvil while its second slot was occupied.
- Fixed a crash when entering a Nether Portal and throwing a Bottle o’ Enchanting at the same time.
- Improved input latency on Windows 10 when VSYNC is enabled.
- Fixed fog in Nether biomes not rendering properly in some Resource Packs.
- Players with Visitor permissions now drop inventory on death.
- Fixed Drowned holding tridents backwards during attack.
- Drowned will now swing their arms when throwing tridents
- Zombie, Zombie Villager, Husk, Pillager, and Vindicator now use correct bone to attach shields.
- Mobs that pick up shields now place it in their off-hand
- Non-persistent mobs no longer despawn immediately after loading into the Nether
- Projectiles now pass through Structure Void blocks.
- Improved placement rules for placing blocks on sides of stairs, slabs, and Top Snow blocks
- Pistons and Sticky Pistons no longer appear black when Outline Selection is disabled.
Maybe you are interested: What is the strongest armor in Minecraft?
Enabled screen narration with touch input on the new achievements screen
Fixed a bug where the screen reader didn’t read out default controller focus and checkbox state on the ‘Online Play is not Rated’ prompt
Fixed a bug where the screen reader would read the wrong text while using VR
- Enabled “Find Friends” button on Xbox
- Controllers are now able to select the “Button Mode” toggle in the Advanced Settings NPC screen in the Jurassic World pack.
- The “Results” field for search within the marketplace inventory now updates properly between different sections within the screen
- The death screen is now visible when behind full-screen effects (on fire, standing in a portal, etc.) while playing in VR
- Fixed translucent rendering of occluded UI elements, also when viewing menus near blocks while playing in VR
- Selecting the featured offer on the profile screen now properly redirects to the complete list of featured offers
- Made the Sign In button text fit the button in Portuguese-BR
- The Storage menu on now uses lighter text color
- Fixed an issue where button textures weren’t scaled properly when applying Resource Packs
- Enabled navigating to the Back button using only keyboard in some screens where it was not possible
- Entity selectors no longer allow self-selection with cheats disabled.
- The ‘/clear’ command will now apply the correct “data” argument for the sapling item.
Command blocks in a command block chain will now list the correct amount of ticking areas when a new ticking area is added before listing
Title command no longer duplicates % symbols in message.
Using teleport with the execute command now uses the dimension of the origin for its operations.
- Steve’s Pants no longer change the color of the bottom of feet when no footwear is equipped
- Fixed other players appearing as Steve in multiplayer
- Changing skins while in split-screen now properly saves for all local players and update properly for remote players
- Alex’s shirt no longer looks corrupted when equipped with different pants
- “Hooray!” emote will now display in the emotes section if already owned.
For Map Makers and Add-On Creators:
Updated Template Packs
- Updated templates for 1.16.220 with new resources, behaviors, and documentation are available for download
- Resource Pack Template: nftgamef.com/resourcepacktemplate
- Behavior Pack Template (Includes documentation): nftgamef.com/behaviorpacktemplate
Technical Changes and Fixes
- Renamed all references of Actor to Entity
- Renamed ‘BlockPos’ to ‘BlockLocation’
- Added ‘startSequence’ to GameTest, which allows finer control over advanced test sequences
- GameTest sequence callbacks no longer take test as a parameter as the initial test object now lives as long as the whole test
- Updated Behavior Packs to require explicit module dependencies when using other native modules
- Identifiers within “render_controllers” will now be considered content errors if there is no render controller matching that name
- Entity json before version 1.16.100 will no longer give a content error for the deprecated field “minecraft:foot_size”
- modified condition in ‘trident.animation_controllers.json’ to allow mobs to enter ‘wield_third_person_raise’.
Fixed an issue where loading into a world would cause continuous MoLang errors around “unhandled request for unknown variable”
A black screen no longer covers the player icon in the pause menu in some worlds. Content creators no longer need to override both nftgamef.com and nftgamef.com for correct behavior
Items can now have the “transparentattachable” tag applied to make attachable items not render for the player wearing them in the first person perspective
- Fixed an issue where V2 Villagers were not properly updating their MoLang variables on initialization
Updates to GameTest Framework
- Updated Blocks shorthand helpers to be camelCase
- Updated Blocks shorthand to only include vanilla blocks
- Added nftgamef.com to fetch a block and return null if it doesn’t exist
- Added BlockStates to enumerate all block states
- Added setState to Block to update its block state
- Added BlockPos class
- Added ItemStack class GameTest Module
- Added Tags to enumerate all built-in tags
- Updated all methods that took x, y, z position to take a BlockPos
- Exposed padding when registering game test
- Fixed issue where previous failed GameTest markers still show up in new worlds
- Fixed projectiles on third-party servers ignoring server movement packets
The server will adjust the player’s fall distance to take into account the client player’s position when a player movement correction or anomaly is detected
- Changed cipher algorithm to AESGCM256 for UDP stream
- Players are unable to see and join LAN sessions on Xbox without on Xbox Live Gold subscription
- Paintings appear invisible when placed.
Minecraft update 2.22 for PS4 is now available for download.
Maybe you are interested: How to Build a Car in Minecraft